Monday, December 12, 2011

Exhaustion

Thanks Blogspot, for thinking that because Vientiane is so close to Thailand, that clearly I must want the website back in Thai again.

Anyway, I'm sorry I've fallen so far behind on blogging. I figured this would happen - when you're super busy having one of the best months of your life, sitting down and writing a lot isn't all that easy. <train ride>

So I've been away now for about a month. And yes, it's been incredible. But as I thought would happen, I'm starting to get exhausted. Sleeping in different beds, with pillows I can't adjust to well, bus rides, boat rides, early mornings, late nights, upset stomachs etc...I'm just running out of steam. I've noticed it in the past week, especially in that I've been going to bed before 11 PM every night. I'm still having just as much fun as when I got to SE Asia (if not more), but I'm just running out of energy.

I'm actually thrilled that I've gotten this far into the trip. I knew 5 weeks would be a large undertaking, but I think I've gotten much more out of this trip by going for a more extended period of time. But all that said, damn am I tired.

As a quick update:

- Afternoon in Vientiane (Hungry Burger!)
- Train(?) to Bangkok overnight - blog a bunch, I hope!
- Fly to Manila tomorrow - 2.5 days there.
- Day in HK
- Fly home

its 10:13 AM, and I want to sleep. But don't get me wrong - I'm still enjoying myself and so thrilled with all I have done in the last month, and will continue to do these last 5 days in Asia. :)

For now, we're just waiting to hear if we got train tickets. If not? Plan B. What is Plan B? probably another mini bus...

0 comments:

Post a Comment