Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Epic.

Yesterday was one of those days that I'll never forget. I'm not going to rehash it all right now, maybe in the future, but I'll give a brief summary of what happened for now.

It involved:

- seeing my friend Win for the first time in over two years, and him being a superb tour guide, and his awesome girlfriend!
- eating approximately six meals
- taking a private boat through the river and seeing first hand and up close the effects of the floods
- having our boat drivers decide to impromptu-ly race another boat, which was kind awesome.
- visiting a pagoda which had stairs at what seemed like approximately a very unsafe angle that went straight up a bunch of stories.
- piling 6 people into a taxi and getting pulled over by a cop because our driver didn't get out of the way of the emergency vehicles (no real law against piling people into taxis)
- Dielle trying to sell roses to backpackers
- And capped off with a night of drunken debauchery

...and much more (sorry no ladybois or hookers involved)

I also had pad thai 3 times yesterday. And a quart of thai tea.

I also slept 4 hours (6-10AM) and woke up feeling perfectly rested. What a perfect day.

Rumor has it we are headed to Hua Hin and the beach today. I'm happy to report than the three of us are taking hundreds of pictures (and some videos) of our (mis)adventures. I may write about this day in detail in the future, but for now, suffice to say it was one of the best days of all of our lives! Pictures to come soon! Time for foooooooooooood!

0 comments:

Post a Comment