Thursday, November 10, 2011

Packing list

So I'm about to go do what is hopefully my final shopping excursion before the trip. Here's what I'm bringing:

I know this isn't the most exciting post ever, but I do encourage you to chime in with anything I might be missing, or telling me that I am overpacking like crazy.

- 5 shirts + 1 long sleeve + 1 sweatshirt
- 5 shorts + 1 gym shorts + 1 pair jeans + 1 pair lounge pants + board shorts
- socks, boxers, sandals
- first aid kid (very light)
- steripen + batteries (more on this another time)
- towel (hosteling for a lot of the trip)
- mom's netbook she doesnt use + charger cord - much lighter and cheaper than my macbook pro.
- electric shaver + charger cord
- medicines/pain relievers/bug spray
- sundries (pretty sure I have these all covered)
- water bottle
- camera
- folder with pens/paper + flight information. doctor information, travel clinic information, etc.
- passport/wallet
- universal power adapter*** (forgot to add this before)

Things I have to get today:

- $400-$500 US or so
- $50-$100 in baht (exchange rate in Bangkok is much better, but I'll get some just incase)
- Masterlock (again, may need it for hosteling)
- Suntan lotion - I'm sure they have it there, may as well bring some though, since I have very sensitive skin
- Cheap headphones - not bringing my Bose QCs
- Neck pillow - essential
- sunglasses/hat - get once I'm there? I don't like sunglasses, but they may be helpful.

(Edit: all of the above have been purchased, minus the sunglasses and hat, which I'll decide on soon.)

As I think about it, I still have a few unsureties on stuff to bring, so maybe I'll have to make a second trip to the store at some point. But I can get most of the big stuff done now :)

So tell me: what am I missing? I probably forgot to add a couple things to this list, and I'll probably remember something after I take off, but impart the wisdom of crowds on me please! :)

OK I'd better get shopping! Val's for birthday dinner tonight! I'm 22 today! That mean's I'm old!

2 comments:

  1. Do you need a power adapter? Extra camera batteries?
    I'll enjoy following your blog! Shawna

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shawna Gandy

    I've got some extra batteries, and the universal power adapter was the item I forgot to list - I do have one of those. Also travelers on each part of my trip will have voltage converters if need be, although it appears the shaver and netbook are compatible with up to 240V/60Hz.

    Thanks! Look forward to visiting at the end of December (even though that feels like a year from now!) :)

    ReplyDelete